Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Got Big Beats?


I hate to brag (not really), but I have the coolest family EVER!! My cousin Jeff...aka Smooth J, and Grammar G make up the legendary Big Beat Battalion, and they opened for Shiny Toy Guns at the Rio last Thursday night. I rounded up Janette and Taylor, and we headed down to watch the duo (with DJ Cherrybomb) serve up a whopping dose of lyrical genius. I have never doubted Jeff's abilities as a dope emcee, but holy tacos!! I was absolutely blown away! I was dancing like an obsessed groupie (not a big surprise) and would have totally got on stage if it wasn't for the 4 feet deep shrubs all the way around it. They were wildly entertaining, and I can officially say "I'm with the band!" ok not really, but they were great, and I heard lots of people talking about how well the performance was. I was sooo proud! Big props and much respect for the BBB. Check out their myspace, or their website at www.bigbeatbattalion.com. Word.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

SUZANNE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUZANNE said...

You are a dancing machine, with cute bangs to boot! Love that you came and witnessed the lyrical miracle. You are an official groupie like me now. I smell some mildew on the microphone...

SUZANNE said...

She is me, Suz J by the way.

My Blog List

My Blog List